British Marine is the membership organisation for the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry. Our 1,600+ members come from a broad range of businesses including boat builders, chandlers, brokers, marinas, passenger boats and engines.
The core aim of the business is to deliver excellence. Both in the quality of its membership services, its representation of the interests of members and the boating community alike and, most importantly, in the quality of its members.
By using a British Marine member you are dealing with a company that has signed up to an extensive Code of Practice that offers consumers confidence that the service provided will be the best. Should standards be less than expected then the consumer has recourse to British marine to address the issues.
Every company displaying the British Marine logo is proud of
all it represents, so you know that when you choose to buy products and
services from a British marine member, you can do so with confidence.
We will create, develop and maintain high quality services,
benefits and commercial activities to promote our industry and its products and
work with our members to achieve profitable growth in home and overseas
On behalf of our members, British Marine continues to:
- Promote the marine industry
- Promote members' products and services through national
marketing campaign, Look for the Logo
- Provide showcases for its products at home and overseas
- Liaise with governments, authorities and agencies
- Conduct research on UK and international marine
- Provide technical, regulatory and manufacturing information
- Provide strategy, advice and practical assistance on
- Assist with training and recruitment
- Advise and represent on legal and financial matters