1851 Trust: Remote Learning Project
To allow students to continue their learning whilst studying at home, 1851 Trust have developed a suite of resources which enable pupils to make cross curricular links and relate their learning to the world around them. 1851 Trust have put together a series of 6 student projects which can be used either in the classroom or at home. These projects are based on the concept of Big Questions.
A Big Question is a way of guiding pupils to make links between distinct subject areas and relate them to the world around them. The questions span a range of areas; human performance, design, the environment and technology.
The Big Question projects may be used for teaching science or design technology curriculum, or as part of a cross curricular project across multiple subjects (including English and humanities).
Big Question topics include:
- What impact have advances in materials science had on boat design?
- What does it take to become an elite athlete?
- How do you design a winning America's Cup boat?
- How can we design a product to minimise it's impact on the environment?
- How has innovation and technology impacted performance in sport?
- What does it take to win the America's Cup - the world's oldest sporting trophy?
Read more about the resources here.