UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission and Atlantic Future Forum
On 28-29 September, the UK Government will host Atlantic Future Forum (AFF22) on HMS Prince of Wales in New York Harbour. The Forum is dedicated to strengthening the defence, security, technology and trading relationships between democratic nations. AFF22 will convene senior decision-makers, thought leaders, military and government officials and high-level industry representatives, providing a unique platform to debate and discuss the most pressing global challenges.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) and partners across government are inviting expressions of interest from innovative UK cyber businesses to participate in a two-day “UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission” on 26-27 September in New York as well as AFF22 on board HMS Prince of Wales on 28-29 September.
UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission 26-27 September
Through the UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission, DIT will showcase the best of UK cyber security to a North American audience, provide a forum to discuss the future of maritime cyber security and deliver exclusive networking and engagement opportunities. Participants will receive:
- Introductions to senior executives at US ports, suppliers of offshore transport services and inland logistics companies.
- Insights from government officials, thought leaders and academia on maritime cyber innovation, trends, emerging threats and policy.
- Opportunities to showcase your business and expertise to prospective clients.
- Exclusive networking opportunities to facilitate relationships with local contacts.
- Marketing promotion and media coverage.
- Pre-Departure Briefing.
The maritime domain is crucial to trade and the global sector itself is growing strongly. Autonomy, interconnected smart systems and big data will bring the shipping, cargo handling and inland logistics elements ever closer together, maximising efficiency, reliability and reducing costs. Future proofing to ensure the interoperability of systems and protection against potential vulnerabilities such as cyber-attack will be critical.
AFF22 28-29 September
As a participant in the UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission, you will also join the exclusive, invitation-only AFF22. You will hear from and network with senior politicians, policymakers, military leaders and academia, together with business leaders and entrepreneurs in an extraordinary venue.
AFF22 will address the ‘New Threats and Security Dimensions of a New World’, and seek to strengthen the collective defence, security, trade and economic resilience of Euro-Atlantic allies.
How to Apply for the UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission
- Export-ready UK cyber businesses with products and services of UK origin relevant to the maritime sector should complete the accompanying “Capability Sheet”. Please do not change the format of the Capability Sheet or convert it to a PDF.
- Completed Capability Sheets must be submitted to Jacob.Myers@mobile.trade.gov.uk and Nathaniel.Sears@mobile.trade.gov.uk by 23:59 BST on Wednesday 24 August titled “UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission EOI” in the subject.
- Successful applicants will be required to pay a participation fee of £495+ VAT to secure a place on the UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission. Participants will need to cover the costs of travel and accommodation; however, DIT will endeavour to secure discounted rates where possible.
- In the event the Trade Mission is delayed or cancelled, participants will receive a full refund on their participation fee. However, DIT cannot be held responsible for costs incurred to secure travel and accommodation.
- 23:59 BST Wednesday 24 August – deadline to submit completed Capability Sheet
- Friday 26 August – successful/unsuccessful applicants notified
- W/C Monday 5 September – Pre-Departure Briefing for participants
- Monday 26-Tuesday 27 September – UK Maritime Cyber Security Trade Mission in New York
- Wednesday 28-Thursday 29 September – AFF22 on board HMS Prince of Wales
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please contact
Jacob.Myers@mobile.trade.gov.uk and Nathaniel.Sears@mobile.trade.gov.uk