CPD Sessions for school and college leaders in the South West
Two CPD sessions will be held for school and college leaders in the South West on Monday 12 October, from 11:00-12:00 and 15:30-16:30.
Maritime UK South West, together with the University of Plymouth City College and the South West Careers Hubs are inviting school and college leaders to one of two 60-minute sessions to learn more about careers and job opportunities in ports, shipping and maritime engineering.
The maritime sector, or 'Ocean Economy' is a key sector to the South West and the sector is set to double in size globally by 2030. The sector contributes over £3.82bn in GVA every year and employs 25,641 people across the region, paying well over the average salary.
The two sessions will include the following guest speakers:
- Mike Reynolds - Operations Manager at ABP Plymouth.
- Adam Parnell - Harbour Master, Torbay Harbour Authority and Chair of the SW Regional Ports Association.
- Lance Chatfield - Higher Technology Skills Academy Manager, City College Plymouth
- Chris Allen - Company Trade Master, Babcock
- David Adkins - Associate Head of School (Marketing, Recruitment & Admissions), University of Plymouth Business School
These will be the first events in a series of webinars that will showcase the wide range of excellent careers and pathways into areas of the maritime sector where the South West has a range of globally leading businesses.