Get involved with the Maritime UK Careers & Outreach Programme in 2023
Maritime UK has pulled together a quick guide on the opportunities to get involved with its national careers and outreach programme across the year.
Key dates for 2023
- National Apprenticeship Week (6th - 11th February)
- National Careers Week (6th - 12th March)
- Maritime Careers Day (8th March)
- Scottish Apprenticeship Week (6th - 10th March)
- Maritime UK Awards (9th March)
- London International Shipping Week (11th - 15th September)
If you have any further questions on the Careers and Outreach Programme, please contact Jess Huxley.
For Careers Changers and Seekers
- Use the Maritime Careers Website to learn more about roles in the Maritime Industry.
- Follow the Maritime Careers Social Media on Tiktok, Instagram and Twitter!
- Join our Maritime Careers Webinars throughout the year to learn more about Ports, Leisure, Professional Services, Shipping and Engineering Careers.
- Keep an eye out on the Maritime Careers Events page for Open Days and Job Fairs.
- Encourage your teachers to invite a Maritime Industry Ambassador to speak at your school or college.
For Careers Professionals
- Join the Careers Professionals Network and receive updates on Maritime Careers news and upcoming events, including CPD Sessions.
- Use the videos, virtual tours and lessons on the Maritime Careers website to support your lessons.
- Invite a Maritime Industry Ambassador to speak at your school or college, virtually or in-person.
- Get your school involved in the Maritime Roadshow for Girls!
- Follow the Maritime Careers Social Media on Tiktok, Instagram and Twitter and share the links with your learners!
For Maritime Professionals
- Become a Maritime Industry Ambassador!
- Tag the Maritime Careers Social Media on Tiktok, Instagram and Twitter and use #MaritimeCareers!
- Consider providing work experience to young people taking their first steps into the workplace.
- Take part in speed-networking at the Maritime Roadshow for Girls!
- Join the Diversity in Maritime Network Events and help to ensure that the Maritime Industry is a inclusive workplace for future generations.
For Maritime Employers
- Sponsor the Maritime Careers and Outreach Programme. Have your company at the forefront of promoting Maritime Careers across the UK.
- Become a Careers Campaign Partner.
- Tag the Maritime Careers Social Media on Tiktok, Instagram and Twitter in your latest Maritime Careers updates and use #MaritimeCareers.
- Get involved with Maritime Masters! The programme connects industry and academia through the suggestion of research topics.
- Get involved with the Maritime Roadshow for Girls!
Following the huge success of Maritime UK Week 2022, we are asking Maritime Organisations to open their doors once again during National Careers Week (6th - 10th March) to allow schools, colleges and the public to see 'behind the scenes' of the Maritime Industry.
Below is a toolkit to highlight the events happening during National Careers Week and the ways to get involved.