Ethnicity in Maritime Network
Our Ethnicity in Maritime Network (initially called BAME) was launched in July 2020 as part of the Diversity in Maritime programme.
Aims of the Network
- Help identify barriers to change and where the Diversity Working Groups should be focusing efforts.
- To bring together individuals from a culturally diverse background, along with allies, to shine a strong spotlight on the specific problem of racial inequality.
- Ensure that the network consider the whole of the UK “maritime” sector – comprising shipping, ports, services, engineering & science and leisure marine.
- To enable individuals and organisations to recruit, retain, empower and support individuals from a culturally diverse background.
- To act as disruptors to educate and enable individuals and organisations to acknowledge and challenge racial conscious and unconscious bias in the workplace.
- To share resources, good practice policies and toolkits that support individuals from a culturally diverse background across the UK.
|Wednesday 1 March 2023||10:00 - 12:00||Hybrid - London and Online|
|Thursday 15 June 2023||11:00 - 13:00||Hybrid - London and Online|
|Tuesday 3 October 2023||13:00 - 15:00||Online|
Are you interested in getting involved and attending the next meeting? Register here