Culture of Care
The initiative was launched in 2021 from our Mental Health in Maritime Network and spans across the Diversity in Maritime programme.
Aim of the Project
To create a toolkit to assist maritime organisations have a culture of care.
The project aligns to the following Thriving at Work core standards:
- Core standard two: Develop mental health awareness among employees
- Core standard four: Provide your employees with good working conditions
- Core standard five: Promote effective people management
Work has commenced on the following:
- Creating a toolkit which shares resources on resilience for employees and mental health first aiders; signposts to mental health helplines and sharing case studies
- Establishing a series of webinars and physical roundtables (when restrictions allow) to discuss breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health; suicide prevention; resilience and other themes identified through the network
We are passionate about ensuring organisations are aware of the culture of care resources available and we are always seeking to collaborate with active campaigns, including our own Mental Health (MH) in Maritime campaign, to ensure there is a continuous messaging and sharing of best practice – in particular around key MH dates.
As part of the Diversity in Maritime programme we work in close collaboration with all networks to ensure cross-messaging on mental health and wellbeing.