Culture of Care
The initiative was launched in 2021 from our Mental Health in Maritime Network and spans across the Diversity in Maritime programme.
Aim of the Project
To create a toolkit to assist maritime organisations have a culture of care.
The project aligns to the following Thriving at Work core standards:
- Core standard two: Develop mental health awareness among employees
- Core standard four: Provide your employees with good working conditions
- Core standard five: Promote effective people management
Work has commenced on the following:
- Creating a toolkit which shares resources on resilience for employees and mental health first aiders; signposts to mental health helplines and sharing case studies
- Establishing a series of webinars and physical roundtables (when restrictions allow) to discuss breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health; suicide prevention; resilience and other themes identified through the network
As part of the Diversity in Maritime programme we work in close collaboration with all networks to ensure cross-messaging on mental health and wellbeing.
For more information about our work please contact Chrissie Clarke, Head of Diversity and Operations.