Holistic Approach to Mental Health and Wellbeing
A new project from our Mental Health in Maritime Network which spans across the Diversity in Maritime programme.
Aim of the Project
To create an initiative which will outline a holistic approach to enable the maritime sector to tackle the breadth of mental health and wellbeing.
The project aligns to the following Thriving at Work core standards:
- Core standard one: Produce, implement and communicate a mental health plan at work
- Core standard three: Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling
- Core standard six: Routinely monitor employee mental health and wellbeing
At the start of this project it will involve a project team made up of representatives from across the working groups and network/s. It is expected that the project will transition into Pledge and Charter Working Group.
- To collate and share case studies from maritime organisation who have mental health work plans
- To highlight Diversity in Maritime Charter organisations who have mental health and wellbeing policies and plans
- The Mental Health Network, and maritime organisations, to collectively sign up to a mental health standard and highlight this through the Mental Health Network page
- To establish a Mental Health in Maritime campaign
- To create a ‘good management’ plan which will transition into the Culture of Care project
- To undertake yearly benchmarking and share results through the Mental Health Network portal and via blogs.
Watch this space for future updates on this project.