Exporting Maritime Education and Training
One of the Commission’s objectives is to “increase exports of maritime education and training”. We are starting the process of bringing together interested parties by convening an initial meeting of organisations which export already or are keen to do so, and colleagues in the Department for International Trade whose purpose is to promote exports.
Our initial objectives are:
- To get a better understanding by all of the range and nature of current maritime education and training exports
- To explore the scope for greater collaboration, both between organisations and with the Department for International Trade
- To consider what barriers there are to greater effectiveness, and what might be done about them
- To consider whether we should have a dedicated document showcasing the UK’s strong and broad capability in this field
- To agree whether we should have some continuing mechanism to work together
On Monday 7 December held a virtual roundtable to bring together interested stakeholder along with colleagues from both the education and marine teams in the Department for International Trade to progress the objectives. You can view the webinar below.
The purpose of the Directory is to support contact between organisations in the UK, particularly to help you find partners for your work overseas and to understand better the range of expertise available. It is not intended as a selling document for contacts overseas; that job is better done with something targeted for each opportunity. This Directory is a live document which is regularly updated. Organisations are listed alphabetically.
Iain Mackinnon is the lead Commissioner and he is keen to hear from anyone interested in this work.